ACT Testing Information
College-bound students should take the ACT test at least once during their Junior year. It is encouraged that students take the ACT multiple times during their Junior and Senior years. Colleges look at a combination of ACT scores and GPA to determine whether a student will be admitted, as well as for scholarship eligibility.
ACT No Writing: $50.50 Includes report for you, your high school, and up to four colleges--if you provide their school code when registering.
ACT With Writing: $67 Includes report for you, your high school, and up to four colleges--if you provide their school code when registering.
No Utah colleges REQUIRE the ACT with writing test, but it's encouraged for competitive schools outside Utah.
*fee waivers available for students currently on a fee waiver. See your Counselor or Mr. Caine in the Counseling Center
- Go to http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/registration-information.html
- Register using the following codes:
- High School Code: 450-053
- Test Center Code: 185850
Test Day Checklist
- Submit your photo by the appropriate deadline
- ARRIVE ON TIME (7:30 am as testing begins at 8 am)
- Bring a copy of your Admissions ticket
- Bring acceptable photo identification
- No. 2 Pencils with good erasers
- A permitted calculator (math only)
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||Late Registration (Fee Required)|
|September 8, 2018**||August 12, 2018||August 13-26, 2018|
|October 27, 2018||September 28, 2018||September 29-October 14, 2018|
|December 8, 2018||November 2, 2018||November 3-19, 2018|
|February 9, 2019*||January 11, 2019||January 12-18, 2019|
|April 13, 2019||March 8, 2019||March 9-25, 2019|
|June 8, 2019||May 3, 2019||May 4-20, 2019|
**See non-Saturday testing for information related to this test date.
Layton High School offers ACT Prep Classes.
A very informative website with an ACT review.
Timed practice test available here.
Awesome site for test prep and study guides
The official website for information regarding