Junior High

High School


College Credit

Clearfield High School offers a number of ways for students to earn vocational certifications and/or college credit while in high school. Click on the following links to learn more about each option. 

Davis Tech College (DTC)

Davis Tech offers job skills and training for various vocational careers so you can finish high school with a vocational certification. You must be 17 or in the 2nd semester of your Junior year to enroll at Davis Tech.

Steps for success to enroll at Davis Tech.

  1. Check out our list of available programs for CHS students below.
  2. Visit their website to learn more about the programs by clicking on the program below or visiting http://www.davistech.edu/.
  3. Take a tour! Schedule here.
  4. Meet with your counselor to get an application and identify when on your schedule works best to attend Davis Tech.
  5. Complete an application with your and your guardian's signatures.
  6. Turn in your application to the CTE coordinator or CTE technician to receive a Davis Tech transmittal.
  7. Using your transmittal, register at Davis Tech.
  8. Return to your counselor and ADD your Davis Tech program to your schedule. 

The following Davis Tech programs are available to CHS students. Click for more information on the Davis Tech website.

Concurrent Enrollment (CE)

CE classes earn high school and college credit at the same time. Classes are taught at CHS by CHS teachers. 

How to earn credit: Pass the class


  • One time application fee to the university offering credit.
  • $5 per credit (classes award different credit amounts, costs are usually $15-20)
  • Possible book costs

What credit will I earn? Typically General Education requirements. See course listing below.

Wonder where your credits transfer to? Check out TransferUtah.org to verify.
CE credits transfer to BYU too! Check out their transfer guides to verify. 

Weber State offers advising to Concurrent Enrollment students. Check out their website

First page of the PDF file: CECoursesCHSCounselor

Advanced Placement (AP)

AP classes are writing and research intensive and emphasize study and test-taking skills.

How to earn credit: Pass the AP test


  • Individual test fees. 
  • Possibly book costs. 
  • Discounts available for students taking multiple tests.

What credit will I earn? Check with individual colleges and universities. 


Please see the following information regarding AP Tests / Fees for the 2019-2020 school year. 

2019 - 2020 AP Test Information 

AP Courses

  • AP English Language (11th)
  • AP English Literature (12th)
  • AP Biology
  • AP Chemistry
  • AP Physics
  • AP Statistics
  • AP Calculus AB (lab recommended)
  • AP Calculus BC (lab required)
  • AP World History (10th)
  • AP US History (11th)
  • AP US Government (12th) .5 credits
  • AP Comp Government (12th) .5 credits
  • AP Psychology
  • AP French
  • AP Spanish
  • AP Art Studio
  • AP Music Theory
  • AP Computer Science (IVC Course)

International Baccalaureate (IB)

IB classes are writing and research intensive.

Full IB students perform community service, write an extended essay, and have a Theory of Knowledge course prior to school (0 period).

How to earn credit: Pass the IB test


  • One time registration fee.
  • Individual test fees. 
  • Possible book costs. 

What credit will I earn? Check with individual colleges and universities. 


IB Courses

Higher Level (HL)

  • IBHL English 11 & 12
  • IBHL Biology (2 year curriculum)
  • IBHL Math (AP Stats & AP Calc BC)
  • IBHL History (History of America & History 20th Century
  • IBHL Psychology (2 year curriculum)
  • IBHL Music (2 year curriculum)
  • IBHL Theatre (2 year curriculum)
  • IBHL Visual Arts (2 year curriculum)
  • Theory of Knowledge

Standard Level (SL)

  • IBSL Chemistry
  • IBSL Math Studies
  • IBSL Psychology
  • IBSL Spanish (2 year curriculum)
  • IBSL French Ab Initio (2 year curriculum)
  • IBSL French (2 year curriculum)
  • IBSL German Ab Initio (2 year curriculum)
  • IBSL German (2 year curriculum)

Early College

Early College students can complete all their courses at one of Weber State University's campuses OR combine CE courses at CHS with courses at WSU. When students ask about obtaining their Associates Degree by the time they graduate high school, this is the ONLY option to do so.  

How to earn credit: Pass the class


  • One time application fee to Weber State University.
  • $5 per credit if taken as CE (classes award different credit amounts, costs are usually $15-20)
  • Pay WSU tuition if taken at a WSU campus. 
  • Book costs

What credit will I earn?  General Education and additional credit depending on what classes you take. 

Early College website

Certificate of Completion

What is the Certificate of Completion?

  • A certificate from WSU stating that ALL General Education requirements are fulfilled.
  • The certificate can be presented to ANY in-state PUBLIC University or College and GE requirements will be waived, even if they are different.
  • Students can earn credits for the certificate from CE, AP, and IB classes.

How is this different from an Associates Degree?

An Associates Degree requires 60 credits
- 39 General Education Credits (same as certificate requirements)
- 21 Elective Credits

Benefits of the Certificate of Completion:

  • Waive over a year of college coursework
  • Save tuition costs
  • Prepare for the rigorousness of college coursework
  • Graduate from college earlier and enter the workforce sooner with thousands in salary gained. 

WSU Certificiate of Completion Course Listing