CHS is hiring a scholarship advisor. Until we add to our team, please meet with our College Access Advisor, Mrs. Hart.
Juniors & Seniors: Please make an appointment to with your counselor or Mrs. Hart for scholarship information! To make an appointment:
- Follow CHS_Scholarships on instagram! See below.
- If you have questions or concerns, call the counseling center at: (801) 402-8207
Locate us in the counseling center!
- Paying for College
- Clearfield High Specific Scholarship
- Local Scholarship Resources
- College and University Scholarships
- National Scholarship Searches
- Steps for Success
Complete Financial Aid is provided by UHEAA (Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority). Affording college IS possible. This website provides complete guidance to make the process easier for students and families using downloadable guides, videos, events, and FAFSA how-to info. Let them help you discover how to pay for college.
All senior students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). There will be a FAFSA Completion Night at Clearfield High School during Parent Teacher Conferences in December. This is an excellent opportunity to ask questions and get one-on-one help from FAFSA experts.
Beware of false FAFSA sites, especially if they want to charge you. FAFSA is FREE! The actual FAFSA website is https://fafsa.ed.gov/
Students AND guardians MUST have a Federal Student Aid ID and PIN prior to completing the FAFSA. Get your FSA ID here. Guardians only need to complete this process ONCE, so if you obtained a FSA ID with a previous student, you don't need to do it again. Just remember your ID and PIN.
The following scholarships are available to CHS students ONLY. Click on the link for more information and an application. To apply, please complete and submit the application for the scholarship you are interested in. Submit it in person or via email to the scholarship coordinator.
- Clearfield City
- CHS Class of '66 Dean A Millman Memorial Scholarship
- CHS Class of '69 LaVon Lake Memorial Education Scholarship
- CHS Class of '69 Marian Storey Memorial Education Scholarship
- Clinton City Scholarship
- Danny Taylor Memorial Scholarship
- Davis Tech Scholarships
- Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship
- Girls/Boys State (current JUNIORS)
- JROTC UAEF Scholarship
- Keys to Success Scholarships
- Mountain West Veterinary Scholarship
- Paulette Hopfenbeck Memorial Scholarship
- Sheldon & Angela Peck Health Science Scholarship
- Tamara O Lowe Future Educator Scholarship
- Tanner Clinic Medical Scholarship
Fine Arts Scholarship. Dean Millman was the school artist and provided extensive graphics for the 1966 yearbook as well as a large mural at graduation. Applicants will be able to demonstrate a work ethic and promise in the field of Fine Art like the scholarship namesake.
Scholarship awarded to students with career goals in teaching/education. Leadership, service, and academics are considered. Essay, transcript, and letter of recommendation required.
Scholarship for seniors only. Applications must be a resident of Clinton City and already accepted to a college or university. Academics, extracurricular activities, community service, awards, achievements, and interests are considered.
This scholarship is given to one outstanding band member or dedicated leader in other extracurricular activities. Transcripts, essay, and a letter of recommendation are considered.
Numerous scholarships available for students after graduation who want to continue their education at Davis Tech. Go to https://www.davistech.edu/scholarships for more information. Requires scholarship application, reference letter, forms. Due first Friday of every month.
Scholarship available to current high school seniors that are citizens of the United States. Applications online through Elks.org (see link below).
Online Application due November 15, 2021
Four-year scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $12,500 per year.
JUNIORS ONLY. Program sponsored by the American Legion at WSU with the purpose of educating Utah's youth about their duties, privileges, rights, and responsibilities of citizenship. This is a summer youth camp following Junior year.
College credit & possible scholarship $$$
For complete application, see your counselor.
For high school seniors who are going to attend one of the following schools:
- Paul Mitchell ($1000)
- Davis Tech ($500)
- University of Utah Academy Mortgage ($1000)
- Nightingale College Nursing ($1500 per semester for 8 semesters, ONE award per district)
- Nightingale College Nursing (Hardship scholarship, FULL tuition)
- Nightingale College Nursing (25% tuition)
Additional scholarships are available through the KTS app. Create or log into your account today to complete the application.
See Mrs. Whitworth if you have questions.
Mountain West Veterinary Specialist Pre-Vet Med Scholarship. This is a DISTRICT WIDE scholarship. Only TWO awards will be given. Qualifications:
- Seniors only
- Planning to attend USU in their pre-vet med program
- Cumulative GPA over 3.2
- ACT score 25 or higher
- Essay submission
Click HERE for an application.
Scholarship for students who have taken 4+ IB/AP classes, ACT score of at least 24, & 3.5 GPA. Student should also be involved with the school, leadership and community. Student can not be receiving other high achieving scholarships. Applications are available online and on the scholarship board.
Replaces Regents Scholarship
For the class of 2022 only: Students graduating with the class of 2022 may qualify for the Opportunity Scholarship through a Regents’ Track by completing the requirements previously set for the Regents’ Scholarship or the Advanced Course Track by meeting the requirements detailed above. Details regarding Regents’ Track can be found here.
For the class of 2023 and beyond: Students may only qualify for the Opportunity Scholarship by completing the advanced course track described above. No exceptions will be made.
Free massive scholarship database with new awards every month. Be sure to check out their "Scholarship of the Day"!
Your connection to scholarships, colleges, financial aid, and more. Get matched with scholarships based on YOUR profile.
Free scholarship database. Get help finding the perfect college, best scholarships, and take the stress our of your college search.
YesCollege.com database full of scholarships you may be eligible for. What makes you unique could earn you cash for college. One of our own faculty won a $6,000 scholarship for being short! Check it out and starting apply for scholarships.
The following FOUR resources are commonly requested in college and scholarship applications. Having them ready to go will make the process smoother.
- Personal Statement
- Essay Prompt Help
- FAFSA required documents
Build a Resume
Summarize your education, work experience, and volunteer projects. Resume Builder provides resources and tools aimed to help high schoolers create resumes that can frame their current life experiences in a way that highlights them as well rounded, quality individuals for their college and scholarship applications.
Create a Resume
Write a Personal Statement
Write a 5-paragraph essay that will tell the story about you and who you are as a person. Make it unique and personal. Start with a statement, grab the reader's attention! A quote or something that means something to you. Then go into the story of WHO you are.
What to include in your 5 Paragraphs
- Attention Grabber-memory, quote from a book-define why that means something to you.
- Introduction into who you are where you came from.
- Hardship that you have overcome and how that shaped you into a better person. Show your grit and your resilience. This is not a time to rehash your trauma- focus on your empowerment from the challenges that you have faced.
- Aspirations and dreams and why you want to go to college?
- Say how the scholarship and money. How will the money impact your dream and goal? And a thank you to the scholarship board or the admissions board.
FAFSA Required Documents
- Parent/Guardians tax returns from 2019
- Your Social Security Number
- FSA ID
See Paying for College for more information.