CTE Career Pathways
CTE Career pathways will be reviewed from the senior survey
Senior Survey 2023 will be available February 1, 2023.
Career Pathways show students a direct connection between doing well in high school and being able to transition smoothly to post-secondary opportunities or getting a good job when they graduate. Students who focus on a Career Pathway acquire the skills necessary for entry into well-paid careers with high potential for rapid financial growth, increased levels of responsibility, and a high degree of personal satisfaction. Courses listed in each pathway are currently available at Clearfield High or a student can elect to enroll in the class provided by a different Davis School District high schools via a "magnet" program or complete the required course(s) through the Davis Technical College. To learn more about the CTE Career Pathways, please talk to the CHS CTE Coordinator, Mrs. Jensen, or CTE Secretary, Mrs. Stringham. Your CHS Counselor can also help you understand where pathway courses are offered and how they fit into your schedule.
In addition to the CTE Pathways, Clearfield High offers two broad-based Falcon Pathways or areas of study. This allows students to explore their career interests while in high school and acquire a strong foundation of coursework which may be essential for specific careers. The two Falcon Pathways are:
o Letters & Sciences
o The Arts
The CTE Pathways utilize the standard documentation provided by the Utah State Board of Education (USBE) to ensure continuity and consistency.
To sign up for a Career Pathway, the process is as follows:
1. Students choose a CTE or Falcon Pathway based on their individual interests. Each pathway provides students with a roadmap of courses to choose during their freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior years. The pathways are not restrictive, and students can choose one or more pathways to work towards completing.
2. Every school year, students should review their class schedule(s) against the requirements for their targeted pathway. It is the student's responsibility to ensure they are scheduled for the proper pathway courses. Students are encouraged to work with their counselor on the plans to complete the pathway(s).
3. Pathway-Completers will be reviewed after semester/term grades have closed. High school transcripts will be reviewed, and the approved Pathway Completer award list will be posted at the Counseling Center. See your counselor or the CTE Coordinator for further information.
4. Upon verified completion of the pathway(s), students will receive CHS pins and certificates in recognition of their achieved pathways but will only receive ONE medallion for pathway completion. Pins can be attached to their medallion ribbon to wear at the graduation ceremony.
Links are included in each Career Pathway Cluster below to view individual requirements.
Career Pathway Clusters
Select one of the Career Pathway Cluster tabs listed below to see the complete list of pathways under each cluster.
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, Audio/Visual Technology and Communications
- Business, Finance, & Marketing
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Education & Training
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Science
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Human Services
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Transportation, Distribution, & Logistics
- CHS Falcon Pathways