CTE Career Pathways
Career Pathways show students a direct connection between doing well in high school and being able to transition smoothly to post-secondary opportunities or getting a good job when they graduate. Students who focus on a Career Pathway acquire the skills necessary for entry into well-paid careers with high potential for rapid financial growth, increased levels of responsibility, and a high degree of personal satisfaction. Courses listed in each pathway are currently available at Clearfield High or a student can elect to enroll in the class provided by a different Davis School District high schools via a "magnet" program or complete the required course(s) through the Davis Technical College. To learn more about the CTE Career Pathways, please talk to the CHS CTE Coordinator, Mrs. Jensen, or CTE Secretary, Mrs. Stringham. Your CHS Counselor can also help you understand where pathway courses are offered and how they fit into your schedule.
In addition to the CTE Pathways, Clearfield High offers two broad-based Falcon Pathways or areas of study. This allows students to explore their career interests while in high school and acquire a strong foundation of coursework which may be essential for specific careers. The two Falcon Pathways are:
o Letters & Sciences
o The Arts
Our new CHS CTE Pathways continue the concepts and intended career connection as our Falcon Pathways have done over the years. The new pathways utilize the standard documentation provided by the Utah State Board of Education (USBE) to ensure continuity and consistency in the CTE Career Pathways going forward.
To sign up for a Career Pathway, the process is as follows:
1. Students choose a CTE or Falcon Pathway based on their individual interests. Each pathway provides students with a roadmap of courses from which to choose during their 9th grade, sophomore, junior and/or senior years. The Pathways are not restrictive and students can choose one or more pathways to work towards.
2. Every school year students should review their class schedule(s) against the requirements for their targeted pathway. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that they are scheduled for the proper pathway courses. Students are encouraged to work with their Counselor on the plans to complete the pathway(s).
3. Pathway-Completer Applications will be reviewed after semester/term grades have closed. Senior Class 2021 applications will be accepted at the beginning of 4th term after 3rd term grades are posted. High school transcripts MUST BE INCLUDED in all applications. Once all applications have been reviewed, the approved Pathway Completer award list will be posted at the Counseling Center. See your counselor or the CTE Coordinator for further information.
4. Upon verified completion of the pathway(s), students will receive CHS pins and certificates in recognition of their achieved Pathways but will only receive ONE medallion for Pathway completion. Pins can be attached to their Medallion ribbon to wear at the graduation ceremony.
In the event of a soft closure of schools, SENIORS may submit an application via this Microsoft Forms link during the 4th Term application process. Please be familiar with requirements for each pathway prior to completing the form. Links are included in each pathway below to view individual requirements. The application LINK is found at the bottom of this page and will CLOSE Friday, April 16th, 2021 at 11:59 PM.
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, Audio/Visual Technology and Communications
- Business, Finance, & Marketing
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Education & Training
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Science
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Human Services
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Transportation, Distribution, & Logistics
- CHS Falcon Pathways
- CHS CTE Career Pathways Application Form
- CHS Falcon Pathway Application